To learn more about the caring for someone with COVID-19, the Chester County Health Department offers tips on how to safely care for a friend or family member recovering at home.
Caring For Someone With COVID-19
Up-to-date information from the Pennsylvania Department of Health
- Cover coughs or sneezes with your elbow. Do not use your hands!
- Wash hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds. Use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer if soap and water are not available.
- Clean surfaces frequently, including countertops, light switches, cell phones, remotes, and other frequently touched items.
- If you are sick, stay home until you are feeling better.
- If you get a fever, cough and/ or difficulty breathing, stay home and seek medical care early. Please notify our office at (610) 566-1361 or the emergency number (614) 849-1649, so we may track and assist as necessary.